This is not a list for people who ride bicycles. This is a list for people who don’t. Given that people who don’t ride don’t look for reasons to ride, this may be a list doomed to be unread. Which may make you wonder why I’d take the time to write it.
I have my reasons.
What are yours?
– To be rewarded by downhills and tailwinds, even if you won’t be today
– To engage in the most elegant amplification of human power known
– To enjoy it
– To envy the walker’s leisure
– To interact with people along the way
– To know what it is to travel at your own speed
– To be the engine of your own transformation
– To see the community your address implies you’re a part of
– To weigh more than your vehicle—even if you wish you weighed less than you do
– To know that you can