Top Posts & Pages
- Soma, Brompton, Rivendell: EcoVelo pictures the differences
- My wheels
- Converted to 650B tires: the Motobecane Grand Touring
- 40 years later: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- Something old, something new and blue derailleur housing: the Giant Escape
- 15 steps to better bicycle tool storage
- A conversation with Rob English about his 10.8-pound road bike, single-sided hubs and getting his weekends back
- Terning toward Interbike with Josh Hon and four new folders
- EcoVelo compares tikit, Brompton in photos
- After the boom: Ray Keener talks bicycles in the 1970s and business today
- Follow 16incheswestofpeoria on WordPress.com
Category Archives: #30daysofbiking
If we give objects too much power, and we do, it’s because we invest them with memory. So, what’s this bicycle about? Chicago steel. Peoria rust. A four-year-old falling off a trike and, after getting patched up and reassured by … Continue reading
Only one person is judging the effect of wind on play today. This person is focusing on his core competency. Making a couple of adjustments. (No different from any other law-abiding citizen.) And considering the fact that when this frame … Continue reading
At one time, Gary Fisher considered this a mountain bike. Then he grew his moustache. And I changed a couple of parts. Good times.
Short rides this week. A couple of test rides, too. (Once you assemble them, you have to test them out.) Today’s spin is on a bicycle unlike any in my stable: the Specialized Roll. (Just noticed my friend Kate has … Continue reading
That’s one reason I call this website 16incheswestofpeoria. Another reason? Calling it bluebobthebellbottomedbananaboy would have been confusing. Today’s ride: On the Rock Island Greenway, just south of Bicycle Safety Town. And back to the shop.
Lunch break. Quick spin down the Greenway and return on Heading. Bike. Coffee. Blue skies. As Phil Connors would say, a pretty good day. Even without the sea otters.