Top Posts & Pages
- 40 years later: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- Loose Screws Bicycle Parts. The past has a future again
- A conversation with Rob English about his 10.8-pound road bike, single-sided hubs and getting his weekends back
- The welder will see you now: Eriksen’s Brad Bingham
- Day 27. #30daysofbiking
- Day 25. #30daysofbiking
- Handbuilt wheels, crow's feet and the Hercules
- Dahon launching new ad campaign at Eurobike 2011
- Test riding Brompton bicycles in Oak Park, Illinois
- Converted to 650B tires: the Motobecane Grand Touring
- Follow 16incheswestofpeoria on WordPress.com
Category Archives: #30daysofbiking
Short rides this week. A couple of test rides, too. (Once you assemble them, you have to test them out.) Today’s spin is on a bicycle unlike any in my stable: the Specialized Roll. (Just noticed my friend Kate has … Continue reading
That’s one reason I call this website 16incheswestofpeoria. Another reason? Calling it bluebobthebellbottomedbananaboy would have been confusing. Today’s ride: On the Rock Island Greenway, just south of Bicycle Safety Town. And back to the shop.
Lunch break. Quick spin down the Greenway and return on Heading. Bike. Coffee. Blue skies. As Phil Connors would say, a pretty good day. Even without the sea otters.
It’s amazing what people can do when they decide it’s the right thing to do. Think about the transcontinental railroad, Hoover Dam, the Marshall Plan, the Apollo program. Think about Chicago building a tunnel two miles out into Lake Michigan … Continue reading
Light on a pole. West of Chillicothe on Cloverdale Road.
While drinking by the blanciest of casas blanca, this conversation: Rick: We’ll always have the wind. Maybe not tomorrow or next week, but whenever we ride. Ilsa: Yes, the wind. And in the mornings, perhaps less of it. Rick: You’re … Continue reading
That lowly braggart, that big ol’ ball of flames, did promise fair chase this day, but as his want this April, abandoned the chase well before the climb past the lilacs on Santa Fe Road. Scoundrel.