Top Posts & Pages
- Day 28. #30daysofbiking
- 40 years later: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- A conversation with Rob English about his 10.8-pound road bike, single-sided hubs and getting his weekends back
- Converted to 650B tires: the Motobecane Grand Touring
- Small wheels, not-so-small fold: the Nanoo bicycle
- Day 29. #30daysofbiking
- My wheels
- In the shop: Austro-Daimler Vent Noir
- Loose Screws Bicycle Parts. The past has a future again
- The welder will see you now: Eriksen’s Brad Bingham
- Follow 16incheswestofpeoria on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Report from the road
Only one person is judging the effect of wind on play today. This person is focusing on his core competency. Making a couple of adjustments. (No different from any other law-abiding citizen.) And considering the fact that when this frame … Continue reading
Short rides this week. A couple of test rides, too. (Once you assemble them, you have to test them out.) Today’s spin is on a bicycle unlike any in my stable: the Specialized Roll. (Just noticed my friend Kate has … Continue reading
That’s one reason I call this website 16incheswestofpeoria. Another reason? Calling it bluebobthebellbottomedbananaboy would have been confusing. Today’s ride: On the Rock Island Greenway, just south of Bicycle Safety Town. And back to the shop.
Lunch break. Quick spin down the Greenway and return on Heading. Bike. Coffee. Blue skies. As Phil Connors would say, a pretty good day. Even without the sea otters.
It’s amazing what people can do when they decide it’s the right thing to do. Think about the transcontinental railroad, Hoover Dam, the Marshall Plan, the Apollo program. Think about Chicago building a tunnel two miles out into Lake Michigan … Continue reading
Light on a pole. West of Chillicothe on Cloverdale Road.