Top Posts & Pages
- 40 years later: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- Loose Screws Bicycle Parts. The past has a future again
- A conversation with Rob English about his 10.8-pound road bike, single-sided hubs and getting his weekends back
- The welder will see you now: Eriksen’s Brad Bingham
- Day 27. #30daysofbiking
- Day 25. #30daysofbiking
- Handbuilt wheels, crow's feet and the Hercules
- Dahon launching new ad campaign at Eurobike 2011
- Test riding Brompton bicycles in Oak Park, Illinois
- Converted to 650B tires: the Motobecane Grand Touring
- Follow 16incheswestofpeoria on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Trek
Lunch break. Quick spin down the Greenway and return on Heading. Bike. Coffee. Blue skies. As Phil Connors would say, a pretty good day. Even without the sea otters.
Light on a pole. West of Chillicothe on Cloverdale Road.
If there’s such a thing as a perfect ride, this is it. Downhill warm up, smooth roads, 65 degrees, Santa Fe Burlington Northern train clearing the crossing one minute before I needed the same space, tailwind chasing me on the … Continue reading
The best destinations lead somewhere else.
Not a good day to forget the tire pump, but an excellent day to not have a flat. The bike is parked at the top of Miller Hill–just before the road twists down the bluff to meet Hallock Hollow and … Continue reading
The quest to ride every day in April continues. Today was the first day without fenders. Short ride, too: From Peoria’s Bushwhacker (on my day off) to Peoria Heights Silver Dollar Saloon, the second destination in the breakfast ride series … Continue reading
Is this a Schwinn I see before me? Let us now praise a big coaster-brake bicycle with full-coverage fenders. Continue reading