Top Posts & Pages
- 40 years later: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- Yuskauskas, still nice, now Peter from Brompton
- Converted to 650B tires: the Motobecane Grand Touring
- The race goes, not to the swift, but to the sufficiently tired: Benotto Modelo 3000
- Recycling the past: Specialized Expedition
- Tandem tuneup: Thudbuster ST seatpost rebuild kit
- 15 steps to better bicycle tool storage
- Modified with Arkel: Eclipse pannier
- Maybe the most important thing to remember about the eccentric bottom bracket shell
- Toward a More Perfect Union: the Wolf Tooth RoadLink Derailleur Hanger Extension
- Follow 16incheswestofpeoria on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Trek
The past is the hitchhiker we have no choice but to carry with us. Take yesterday’s ride: my Trek 2300. Most of the air in the tires was compressed last week. The rear hub is 21st century but in service … Continue reading
Lunch break. Quick spin down the Greenway and return on Heading. Bike. Coffee. Blue skies. As Phil Connors would say, a pretty good day. Even without the sea otters.
Light on a pole. West of Chillicothe on Cloverdale Road.
If there’s such a thing as a perfect ride, this is it. Downhill warm up, smooth roads, 65 degrees, Santa Fe Burlington Northern train clearing the crossing one minute before I needed the same space, tailwind chasing me on the … Continue reading
The best destinations lead somewhere else.