Top Posts & Pages
- 40 years later: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- Fat times three. You'll want to sit down for this
- Maybe the most important thing to remember about the eccentric bottom bracket shell
- The welder will see you now: Eriksen’s Brad Bingham
- Smallest Bantam Bike Friday sports 90-millimeter cranks
- Bicycling by sweet corn signs
- Running fixed gear with vertical dropouts: the Trek 2300
- Tandem tuneup: Thudbuster ST seatpost rebuild kit
- Modified with Arkel: Eclipse pannier
- Rough roller: 1964 Schwinn Corvette returned to service
- Follow 16incheswestofpeoria on WordPress.com
Author Archives: 16incheswestofpeoria
That’s one reason I call this website 16incheswestofpeoria. Another reason? Calling it bluebobthebellbottomedbananaboy would have been confusing. Today’s ride: On the Rock Island Greenway, just south of Bicycle Safety Town. And back to the shop.
Lunch break. Quick spin down the Greenway and return on Heading. Bike. Coffee. Blue skies. As Phil Connors would say, a pretty good day. Even without the sea otters.
It’s amazing what people can do when they decide it’s the right thing to do. Think about the transcontinental railroad, Hoover Dam, the Marshall Plan, the Apollo program. Think about Chicago building a tunnel two miles out into Lake Michigan … Continue reading
Light on a pole. West of Chillicothe on Cloverdale Road.
While drinking by the blanciest of casas blanca, this conversation: Rick: We’ll always have the wind. Maybe not tomorrow or next week, but whenever we ride. Ilsa: Yes, the wind. And in the mornings, perhaps less of it. Rick: You’re … Continue reading
That lowly braggart, that big ol’ ball of flames, did promise fair chase this day, but as his want this April, abandoned the chase well before the climb past the lilacs on Santa Fe Road. Scoundrel.