Top Posts & Pages
- 40 years later: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- Double the fat: 616 Bicycle Fabrication tandem
- Running fixed gear with vertical dropouts: the Trek 2300
- Converted to 650B tires: the Motobecane Grand Touring
- A conversation with Rob English about his 10.8-pound road bike, single-sided hubs and getting his weekends back
- Bicycle boy and the terror of the total teardown: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- Loose Screws Bicycle Parts. The past has a future again
- Maybe the most important thing to remember about the eccentric bottom bracket shell
- Chroming the Boxer: An appreciation of Mitch Hull's Boxer Camponneur
- After the boom: Ray Keener talks bicycles in the 1970s and business today
- Follow 16incheswestofpeoria on WordPress.com
Author Archives: 16incheswestofpeoria
It’s fun to ride a gravel bike. Unless, that is, you’re focused on the idea that some roads are really supposed to be blacktop. Like Santa Fe Road in Hallock Township. Back in the spring, workers turned three sections of … Continue reading
I don’t usually spend this much time developing a well-researched, thoughtful and detailed essay on SUV marketing, popularity and distribution, but jeebus, Toyota. Jeebus.
If we give objects too much power, and we do, it’s because we invest them with memory. So, what’s this bicycle about? Chicago steel. Peoria rust. A four-year-old falling off a trike and, after getting patched up and reassured by … Continue reading
Only one person is judging the effect of wind on play today. This person is focusing on his core competency. Making a couple of adjustments. (No different from any other law-abiding citizen.) And considering the fact that when this frame … Continue reading
At one time, Gary Fisher considered this a mountain bike. Then he grew his moustache. And I changed a couple of parts. Good times.
Short rides this week. A couple of test rides, too. (Once you assemble them, you have to test them out.) Today’s spin is on a bicycle unlike any in my stable: the Specialized Roll. (Just noticed my friend Kate has … Continue reading
That’s one reason I call this website 16incheswestofpeoria. Another reason? Calling it bluebobthebellbottomedbananaboy would have been confusing. Today’s ride: On the Rock Island Greenway, just south of Bicycle Safety Town. And back to the shop.