Top Posts & Pages
- 40 years later: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- Lunartic bicycle features hubless rear wheel, belt drive
- Know your right from your left: installing the MKS FD-6 folding pedal
- After the launch: Josh Hon of Tern Bicycles talks business, folding bikes and the genius of In-N-Out Burger
- Ice road truckin' on the Paisley tricycle
- Running fixed gear with vertical dropouts: the Trek 2300
- Tern's Josh Hon: "The image of cycling has changed profoundly."
- Trail through city of Peoria gets update page
- Randonneuring Brompton at rest in France
- Handbuilt wheels, crow's feet and the Hercules
- Follow 16incheswestofpeoria on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Rock Island Greenway
Found a new sign near the top of the Rock Island Greenway bridge over Knoxville Avenue. A sign featuring a single word: Love. Unfortunately, the sign fails as a wayfinding aid on many levels. Legibiliity: The letters are arrayed against … Continue reading
Most of us toggle between at least two worlds. The analog world: the bicycle, ascending the bridge, coasting almost all the rest of the way to the destination—this is a short ride I look longingly to almost every day—people to … Continue reading
Highways make it easy to leave Peoria. The Greenway makes it easier to stay. Continue reading
Everyone’s inside today, but the only thing I need to add to my work clothes is a light jacket–and a double Americano. Came too late for a cookie, though.
That’s one reason I call this website 16incheswestofpeoria. Another reason? Calling it bluebobthebellbottomedbananaboy would have been confusing. Today’s ride: On the Rock Island Greenway, just south of Bicycle Safety Town. And back to the shop.