Join 876 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- 40 years later: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- Running fixed gear with vertical dropouts: the Trek 2300
- A look back at the small bicycle wheel
- Bendable blue: The Schwinn Sports Tourer
- Missouri maps the Katy, Elly tips the shops, Diane colors the Brompton
- Maybe the most important thing to remember about the eccentric bottom bracket shell
- Why ride an old bicycle?
- North end of Bushwhacker all bikes, all the time
- Tire-width experiment on tandem needs more time
- A conversation with Rob English about his 10.8-pound road bike, single-sided hubs and getting his weekends back
- Follow 16incheswestofpeoria on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Princeville
Catching up. 30 days of biking, #28
Somehow, someway, Ellen’s Diner in Princeville is still open. And so we park where we have always parked, and in we go, to eat breakfast and hear the latest about Ellen’s dogs and guinea pigs. To sit down inside; it’s … Continue reading
Posted in #30daysofbiking Tagged breskfast ride, Ellen’s Diner, Princeville, tandem Leave a comment
The breakfast ride: Ellen gets carded
Rode to Princeville for breakfast alfresco on Saturday. That’s when I realized the big difference between small businesses and public corporations. (Given that some corporations are seemingly unaware of any difference between the two groups, this may be useful information … Continue reading
Aside by side
I don’t usually spend this much time developing a well-researched, thoughtful and detailed essay on SUV marketing, popularity and distribution, but jeebus, Toyota. Jeebus.
Posted in Co-Motion tandem, Report from the road Tagged cranky, Illinois, Princeville, rest stop 2 Comments
Table for two in Princeville, Illinois
Some people ride for fitness. Nothing must interrupt their course or cadence. But my favorite rides always include a newspaper or a magazine, pancakes and someone to talk to. And often, we end up at Henry’s Diner in Princeville, Illinois.
Posted in Other bicycles, Report from the road Tagged breakfast ride, Co-Motion, Henry's Diner, Princeville 1 Comment
The most important part of the ride: the pause
It wasn’t that long of a ride: Dunlap, Illinois, to Princeville to Dunlap. Still, when you’re dealing with the high rolling resistance of a soft trail and you’re not in the shape you were 30 years earlier, a rest stop … Continue reading
Posted in Bike Friday tikit, Report from the road Tagged Clydesdale, Dunlap, Princeville 2 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.